Dixon St Deli Image
Dixon St Deli logo
  ABOUT  CAFE  CATERING  CONTACT
 
   

About Us

Now in it's third generation, Dixon St. Deli has been supplying Wellington with gourmet delights since 1930.

Charlie Chait immigrated from Poland in 1920 and opened Farm and Poultry Supplies Ltd in Dixon Street, Wellington.

In 1974 son Martin, along with his wife Jayne, took over the family business and developed it into a gourmet deli concept. Martin and Jayne scoured the world for fresh and innovative cuisine, introducing NZ to delicacies such as Russian fudge, baked cheesecake and bagels.

In 2000 Jayne and Martin's son Ari began the third generation and updated the deli to it's current cafe format.

We are proud to continue this fine tradition of fresh, innovative and delicious food, by offering you fine NZ and international gourmet cuisine.

 
   
   

Dixon St Deli

Salad salad

Dixon St Deli

cafe cafe

Dixon St Deli

chaits chaits

Dixon St Deli

catering catering

Dixon St Deli

numbers numbers

Dixon St Deli

bagel bagel
     
 
  visit our sister business: Visit Zaida's